The 20-year-old model is ‘conscious’ but ‘unable to speak’ after being found with serious injuries by a roadside in Dubai – she had been reported missing several days earlier
A Ukrainian model who was found seriously injured in Dubai after going missing for more than a week has “regained consciousness”, her friends have revealed.
The 20-year-old was rushed to hospital and found to have suffered horrific injuries, including a broken spine and limbs, after she was discovered abandoned on a roadside last month. She had been reported missing after reportedly attending a party with “two men from the modelling business”. It is feared the Ukrainian model, who had uploaded content to the adult website OnlyFans, may have been kidnapped and forced into sex acts before being left battered and bruised by her attackers.
After spending two weeks in a coma, the model is now said to have “regained consciousness”, though she is not yet able to speak. She is now “stable” after having undergone several operations, according to her doctors.
READ MORE: Women warned not to travel to ‘unsafe’ Dubai after OnlyFans model ‘dumped on roadside’
Police in Ukraine‘s Lviv region on Saturday said they had opened a human trafficking case and launched a “pre-trial investigation”. No suspects have been named.
A friend of the model told AIF news in Russia that she had “finally regained consciousness”, going on to say: “The recent surgery was successful, now there are two more.” According to reports, the model had told her mother prior to her disappearance that that she was staying with two men, and would be cancelling a planned trip to Thailand on 11 March.
One theory regarding her disappearance centres around her having attended a so-called ‘Porta Potty’ event, at which female social media influencers are subjected to extreme and degrading abuse. But her mum Anna, speaking earlier on her daughter’s disappearance, said that the promoter who organised the parties “did not see her”,
She added: “[My daughter] was [eventually] found in hospital in serious condition. She has no documents, no phone, nothing. She underwent three [now four] operations. And she cannot speak.”
Dubai Police claimed that the woman had “fallen from a height” after entering a construction zone, though this has been disputed by her family. The statement from police read: “Dubai Police confirms the Ukrainian citizen previously reported missing is currently hospitalised, receiving medical care with her family present. A comprehensive investigation has revealed that she sustained serious injuries after entering a restricted construction site alone and falling from a height.”
It comes after British women were warned not to travel to ‘unsafe’ Dubai by a legal expert following the incident after a string of sexual assaults and abductions. Radha Stirling from legal advocacy group Detained in Dubai, explained: “Over the years, I’ve worked with numerous women who have been raped, drugged, assaulted or abducted in the UAE, and then treated as criminals themselves when they tried to report it.
“The latest case, involving a Ukrainian OnlyFans model who was found injured and distressed in the street after reportedly meeting a man who claimed to have powerful connections, is deeply concerning. Tragically, the circumstances echo a well-established pattern in the UAE, where serious incidents involving women are rarely reflected in official statistics, and alleged perpetrators often face no consequences due to influence, connections, or official indifference.
“It is not uncommon in the UAE for women to be lured under false pretences and then coerced or even forced into unwanted sexual acts. Those who commit such abuses often face no consequences, while victims are left in extremely vulnerable positions, frequently threatened with police complaints or arrest by influential individuals if they attempt to report the crime.”
This post was originally published on this site be sure to check out more of their content.